Reading is one of my favorite things to do, and it is no surprise that it proves to be just the right thing on a long-haul flight, cross-country road trip, or train ride. Reading a good book can make hours feel like minutes, and sometimes that’s a good thing when traveling for extended periods of time.
I have read the books below over the past couple years and enjoyed every single one. These books’ pages were turned in various airports across the world and in different train terminals stretching from Spain to Germany. I’m always looking for more good reads, so please let me know if you have any book suggestions! 🙂
- The Alchemist – a perfect travel read!
- Gone Girl
- Sharp Objects (also by the author of Gone Girl)
- Eat, Pray, Love – possibly an overrated travel novel?
- The Dinner – great crime novel set in the Netherlands
- Z – all about the life and adventures of Zelda Fitzgerald, amazing read!
- Beautiful Ruins
- Any of the Harry Potter series – my absolute favorite.
- The Lake House – OBSESSED. Set in London and Cornwall, England. I would read this over and over.
- How to Be Parisian – because who doesn’t want to be?
- Crazy Rich Asians – hilarious. I loved reading this in 2013 and thought it would make a great movie. Rumor has it they are making a movie!!
- Girl on a Train – extremely popular novel. Also made into a film.
As you can probably tell I have an affinity toward books with any sort of travel twist. Psychological thrilling books can also easily earn their spot on my “favorites” list.
What are some of your favorites?!