Check out our GoPro video from our time in Prague: https://youtu.be/s5Jt5mFgE_M
Commonly referred to as the “City of 100 Spires”, Prague is a city that seems to hold a spot on every bucket list. Its Bohemian culture, beautiful architecture, and crazy nightlife make it one of the most visited European destinations. I was surprised by the amount of Americans there. Honestly, it reminded me of Vegas in Europe. I couldn’t tell you how many Bachelorette sashes I saw in the city center. In Germany, I barely hear any American English but in Prague it was around every corner. Something tells me we didn’t search hard enough for the hidden coziness and charm Prague is so famous for.
Although it was a bit more touristy than I anticipated, the city itself is an urban fairytale. There is so much to see and do in this gem of a city, but our 2 nights in Prague seemed to be enough time to visit everything on our list!
- Wander around Old Town Square
- Climb the stairs to the top of Old Town Hall to get a birds-eye view of the city
- See the Astronomical Clock on the hour
- Walk across Charles Bridge
- Snap a pic at the graffiti John Lennon Wall. Right after crossing the bridge away from Old Town Square, take the staircase on the right down to the wall. It is a bit hard to find!
- Try traditional Czech food + Bohemian ale @ Sisters Bistro
- See the Dancing House
- See an opera at the jaw-dropping National Theatre
- We saw La Traviata, but we were probably more focused on the decor inside the theatre!
- See the Prague Castle & St. Vitus Cathedral — definitely worth a visit!
- Stroll through Josefov (Jewish Quarter)
- Stop by Franz Kafka’s house
- End the night at Hemingway’s Bar